- Important Questions You Should Ask About Island Tours and Excursions
- Maldives- An ultimate holiday destination for romance and relaxation
- Contact the trustworthy platform Away Holidays and book the Sri Lanka tour package
- 5 Unbelievable Ways To Keep Cool When Summer Camping
- Stay at the Pretty Villa Eternity, Hidden Down a Country Lane Near Lloret De Mar
When on your trip to China, you go to visit the Imperial Palace in Beijing, known as the Forbidden City, The Forbidden City is the largest imperial palatial complex in the world. Because of the size of the site, the visit of the “palace museum” that any visitor imagines being a privileged moment, can, very quickly, prove to be exhausting or even disappointing without a minimum of preliminary preparation.
By browsing this article, you will discover our tips and advice that should allow you to make this trip more enjoyable and serene. In addition, you can contact our travel consultants who will be happy to prepare a personalized tour of Beijing including a visit to the Forbidden City.
What to see in the Forbidden City?
The Forbidden City has 980 buildings with more than 8,700 rooms that contain many treasures of Chinese civilization as well as many relics. To this end, we strongly suggest that you enrich your Forbidden City transfer tours 2019 with the main palaces, the collections of items of historical and priceless value, as well as some places where still remain, scents of legends and interesting anecdotes.
6 popular palaces and our recommendations
The six palaces located on the central axis of the complex are the most important and most appreciated visitors. Most tourist groups, in fact, are interested only in these six palaces before completing their visit by the imperial garden, to the north.
For a better understanding of Chinese history and culture, and to spare you the crowds of tourists, we suggest you explore some of the less travelled areas of the palace. These are on both sides of the central axis. For your convenience, we provide you with an exhaustive list:
- Palace of the Spirit Food (Yangxin Dian) was the emperor’s bedchamber and office.
- Palace of Benevolent Tranquility (Cining Gong) place of residence of the Emperor’s wives.
- Pavilion of Literary Depth (Wenyuan Ge), the only building in the complex covered with a roof of green tiles, which was once the Imperial Library.
Extended Happiness Palace (Yanxi Gong) also known as the “Crystal Palace” is preserved in its unfinished form, the only building in the Western-style Forbidden City. A tour “in the footsteps of the Emperor” offers visitors the opportunity to discover these palaces that are most often ignored and yet reveal the history and the many intrigues which relate to it.
The best periods of visit and ways to avoid crowds
The period from April to October marks the peak tourist season for the Forbidden city transfer tours 2019. As for the low season, it runs from November to March. Taking into account our own experience, the best time to visit the Forbidden City is from mid-October until the end of November. This shortfall season boasts pleasant temperatures and fewer crowds.
Summary- The Forbidden city tour is one of the most magnificent architecture in Beijing and there is no reason to skip this tour. Those interested in learning history and culture should book their tours for the ultimate experience.